Committee of Governance
Mackie Rd Neighbourhood House is governed by Kerrie Neighbourhood House Inc. who also oversee Kerrie Rd Neighbourhood House in Glen Waverley. The Committee is elected, by the KNH Inc. Membership, at the Annual General Meeting. The Committee is responsible for providing transparent and accountable governance and strategy to the House. It also bears ultimate legal responsibility for the organisation.
The Committee is responsible for the following:
- Setting remuneration, appointing and appraising the House Coordinator
- Overseeing the succession planning for the House Coordinator
- Developing and approving the Strategic and Business Plan in collaboration with the Coordinator
- Monitoring the progress of strategic initiatives against performance objectives
- Preparing and approving KNH Inc.’s budget for the financial year
- Considering how organisational risks should be managed
- Ensuring that policies on key issues are in place and are reviewed on a regular basis
- Establishing and monitoring governance practices and making changes where necessary
- Calling meetings of KNH Inc.’s general members
Office bearers include a:
- Vice President;
- Treasurer and Secretary
The Mulgrave Community Reference Group will provide important local advice to the KNH Inc. Committee of Governance regarding the strengths and needs of the Mulgrave community and potential strategic direction and community development activities/events offered at the Centre.
Local residents and users of Mackie Rd Neighbourhood House may nominate to join the Mulgrave Community Reference Group by writing to the KNH Inc. Committee of Governance c/o MRNH Coordinator, 36-42 Mackie Rd, Mulgrave or emailing email@example.com
The KNH Inc. Committee welcomes new members who support, and are committed to, the vision and mission of KNH Inc. Please write to the Secretary, 36 Kincumber Drive, Glen Waverley 3150, if you would like to become a member of KNH. Current annual membership fee is $2.00.
Staff and Volunteers
The work of Mackie Rd Neighbourhood House is supported by a wonderful team of staff and volunteers including our Coordinator, Office Administrator and Book-keeper. You can contact staff by phoning (03) 9548 3311 during Office hours or via email:-